Grand Canyon NRS 434VN Week 4 Shadow Health Assignment Comprehensive Assessment of Tina
Topic 4: Health Assessment of the Young and Middle-Aged Adult
Complete the Digital Experience. The estimated average time to complete this assignment each time is 3 hours and 30 minutes. Please note, this is an average time. Some students may need longer.
This clinical experience is a comprehensive exam. Students must score at the level of “Proficiency” in the Shadow Health Digital Clinical Experience. Students have three opportunities to complete this assignment and score at the Proficiency level. Upon completion, submit your lab pass to your instructor in the classroom.
Students successfully scoring within the Proficiency level in the Digital Clinical Experience on the first attempt will earn a grade of 150 points; students successfully scoring at the Proficiency level on the second attempt will earn a grade of 135 points; and students successfully scoring at the Proficiency level on the third attempt will earn a grade of 120 points. Students who do not pass the performance-based assessment by scoring within the Proficiency level in three attempts will receive a failing grade (102 points).
Please review the assignment in the Health Assessment Student Handbook in Shadow Health prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
If Proficiency is not achieved on the first attempt it is recommended that you review your answers with the correct answers on the Experience Overview page. Review the report by clicking on each tab to the left titled; Transcript, Subjective Data Collection, Objective Data Collection, Documentation, and SBAR to compare your work. Reviewing this overview and course resources may help you improve your score.
Week 4: Comprehensive Assessment Assignment
Objectives & Instructions
When Speaking with Digital Standardized Patients:
- Ask simple and direct questions
- Ask specific questions
- Provide context for the patient
Conduct a comprehensive assessment:
Make a Plan
- Organize the steps of your comprehensive exam
- Interview and examine Tina Jones to gather subjective and objective patient data
– Collect data to assess Ms. Jones’ condition
– Educate and empathize to engage in effective therapeutic communication
- Document data accurately, using professional terminology
- Write reflections using the prompts provided
Prior to beginning your comprehensive assessment:
- Plan your exam by selecting and organizing the available exam procedures into an efficient progression from head to toe
During the exam, you will be able to:
- Follow the menu order you created in the Plan My Exam activity to perform a complete, well- organized health assessment
- Elicit a patient history
- Collect subjective and objective data for the following systems:
– Skin, Hair, and Nails
- Provide patient education and empathy as appropriate throughout the exam
- Document all findings in the EHR
- Subjective Data Collection
- Objective Data Collection
- Student Survey
Note: No additional Assignment in this 4th week.